My work with schools/alternative provisions/colleges:
I believe wholeheartedly that emotional unrest can inhibit the fundamental educative task that is intended in a place of learning. My background as a teacher for over a decade, as well as my experience managing school departments and an alternative provision for students with social, emotional and mental health challenges, provided valuable insight to the inner workings of an educational environment. That systemic knowledge has enabled me to craft a model of support that can be woven into the fabric of such institutions, placing wellbeing as a foundational plinth upon which all aspects of academic and social development can rest.
Building confidence amongst wider staff around therapeutic themes can contribute to the essence of my approach, which pays attention to making whole school/institutional cultural shifts towards an expanding wellbeing-driven ethos. As part of this package, I deliver training on topics such as:
• Expanding, enriching and embedding therapeutic services in your school
• Bereavement and Loss
• Supporting young people through loss
• Attachment and its implications in schools
• Self-harm and suicide
• Behaviour as communication
• Adverse Childhood Experiences and schools
• Rebuilding relationships post-pandemic... and many more.
I have written various training programmes for pastoral, learning and behavioural support teams who are ideally placed to apply the notion of behaviour as communication and thus can valuably mentor young people who struggle in school.
Have you considered the training of older students as part of a peer mentoring programme? This is another way to instil emotional health as an organisation-wide priority, with the principles of wellness, empathy and support cascading through the year-groups.
Friday 18th February 2022 - 10am-1pm
Early bird discounted ticket* £32.50 (full price £45)
Secure your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
*if booked before 1st January 2022
• Bridging the gap; speaking the language of education towards institutional buy-in
• Weaving wellbeing into the fabric of the school; how to impact whole-school emotional wellbeing
• Supporting school staff; building the bond and helping them put their oxygen masks on first
• Training; opportunities to cascade mental health and wellbeing through the school
• Managing capacity; finding routes to expand your offer and meet the needs of students with greater versatility and instancy.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT... JOIN US IN FEBRUARY FOR OUR ONLINE TRAINING EVENT!
Pastoral and behaviour teams:
Peer Mentor training:
EXPANDING, ENRICHING AND EMBEDDING THERAPEUTIC SERVICES IN SCHOOLS